Smallest dog breeds often have the biggest hearts and the most courage to face their fears. When you walk down the street, you’ll often see these small pups barking their heads off, jumping, and pulling the leash when they see large dogs. All to show that they aren’t scared and to protect their owners as well. Check out our list of top 12 smallest dog breeds with big hearts and tell us if you agree with our picks.
1. Chihuahua is the smallest dog breed, but always on alert, bold, and confident!
2. Yorkshire Terrier – toy dog with a spunky personality and lots of courage.
3. Maltese – very popular house pets, intelligent, fearless, overwhelmingly cute. Some of them are quite the barkers!
4. Shih Tzu – alert and courageous dog breed, prone to barking.
5. Bichon Frise – these little cotton balls are very affectionate, but alert. They will react to intruders and there can certainly be no messing around their food bowl!
6. Brussels Griffon – great watchdog, self-important, smart, and devoted to a fault!
7. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – fearless, patient, and playful little breed that makes a great pet!
8. Miniature Pinscher – energetic, playful, and fearless dogs that are suspicious towards strangers.
9. Norfolk Terrier – fearless, affectionate, excellent watchdogs, can have a tendency to bark a lot!
10. Dachshund – courageous to the point of rashness! Once they start barking at a bigger dog, there’s little you can do to make them stop… Extremely stubborn breed!
11. Pekingese – stubborn, bold, lion-like dogs, yet very affectionate towards their owners.
12. Pomeranian – curious, active, feisty little balls of fur. Despite their size, Pomeranians have quite a bark!
Even the smallest dog breeds can make excellent watchdogs and are usually very courageous. To top it off, they have lots of love to give! Which of these small dog breeds with big hearts do you think is the right fit for you? Let us know in the comments!
Discussion about this post