Large dog breeds can make excellent family pets as they’re confident, affectionate, and protective of their owners. These gentle giants make excellent family protectors and even better companions. When raised properly and socialized early, most dogs can get along perfectly with children. However, these are the large dog breeds that are most likely to fit in thanks to their patient and gentle character. Check out our top 10 choices and let us know what you think in the comments!
1. Newfoundland – gentle giants, friendly, protective, great with kids!
2. Bernese Mountain Dog – friendly, calm breed, very trainable and eager to please!
3. Great Dane – affectionate, friendly, and good with children. Not the best choice for small apartments as they’ll knock things over!
4. Leonberger – very active and affectionate dogs, require a lot of human attention, making them excellent companions!
5. Mastiff – loving and affectionate with family. Despite a calm demeanor, they’re not suitable for families with small children due to their size.
6. German Shepherd – gentle companions and family protectors when properly trained and socialized. Ideal breed for active households.
7. Doberman Pinscher – energetic, smart, people-oriented dog. Very loyal to their owner. Needs proper socialization.
8. Siberian Husky – affectionate and good-natured dog breed. They get along well with people and other dogs.
9. Boxer – active and loyal pets that will fiercely guard their family and home against strangers.
10. Golden Retriever – one of the most popular breeds, and for a good reason. They are very friendly, cuddly, and affectionate. Easy to train and great with kids!
Large dogs can make the perfect companions and family protectors. But make sure you have enough space and you can provide them the care and socialization they need! Which of these large breeds would you chose as your family pet? Let us know in the comments!
Discussion about this post